This work was made over three weeks in the Foyer Gallery at the Australian National University, Canberra in March 2014. It is a very public space and there were many occasions where I had interesting interactions with passers by. Many chose colours for me and even helped to draw.
Rules for this drawing:
1. Colours are to be chosen from the box without looking.
2. The size of the area to be covered by each colour will be determined by time. Time will be determined by a roll of the dice, and each dot on the dice will equate to one minute of drawing in the chosen colour.
3. The shape of the area to be covered by each colour will be determined by the relationship of holes or marks on the wall. In the allotted time, the colour will be applied in the most efficient manner to connect the marks. Each shape will address at least three marks.
4. If the drawer is interrupted, this will override any time determination for that moment.
5. The drawing will be finished when either of the following things occur:
a) the paint in the box all runs out
b) all the marks on the wall have been addressed